Getting Started with Azerbaijani or Russian?
There are as many ways to learn languages as there are people. Here what really works for our students:
- Don’t wait for ideal circumstances before you start
- Get started with the resources that are available to you
- Find a person willing to work with you
- A teacher is ideal
- But any native speaker can be helpful
- A thousand books aren’t worth as much as a single person committed to helping you
- Learn the fundamentals of how the language is structured (noun declensions, verb conjugations, word order, etc. )
- Be resourceful
- Create opportunities to read and listen to the language.
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes
- You don’t have to be perfect
- Rather focus on communicating and making yourself understood.
- Have fun doing it!
- Speak with as many different people as you possibly can
- You’ll expand your vocabulary, learn different ways of expressing yourself and attune ear to different pronunciations, inflections, rhythms, etc.
- Besides, it’s a wonderful opportunity to make good friends!
- Never be satisfied
- Always strive to improve your new language